RREA Red Grass

RREA Red Grass

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Guppy Breeding Cage



I was inspired to create this breeding cage through one of the forum I was a member of. This was initially done by one of the member and try creating one of my own. I got the plastic mesh from walmart craft section for $1 and change. I cut it in 6 pieces which is a dimesion of 12x9x9 in order to fit my 10 gallon tank. I used fishing line 50lb test line this was extra line I used when I'm fishing for striper and I also use lighter to burned the end portion of the fishing line after weaving the mesh.

It also came to mind that some female guppy when stress tend to jump then I decided why not make a cover from the leftover pieces. Now it came up to this, it is now more of a WB Mason box design.

Here's picture of the breeding cage in action I got DD(Double Dark) Black Moscow and Albino Galaxy in it. I put all the males and females inside the cage and see if they will still drop fry even when they are all together. Well it works if they are really due they will drop the fry and I got 40 fry from the black moscow and 12 fry from albino galaxy.


No comments:

Post a Comment