RREA Red Grass

RREA Red Grass

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

DIY Bucket Light

I was checking my preggy females on my bucket drop off one night and one idea came to my mind. Oh! this bucket will have a usage on my tank. I decided to create my own bucket light for my 10 and 20 gallon. I gathered all the materials I will need and did a check list.


Here they are:

  • Plug In Outlet Socket Adapter Plug To Light Bulb - Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes
  • Cable Tie - Dollar Store
  • Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb - Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes
  • 6ft Electrical Extension Cord - Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes
  • Quick Dry Glue - Dollar Store
  • Aluminum Foil - Dollar Store
  • Bucket - Dollar Store
  • Tie String - Dollar Store
  • Circular drill or Knife
Some visual so you know what I'm talking about.

Socket Adapter, Cable Tie, Quick Dry Glue



Bucket, Extension Cord, Compact Flourescent Bulb



Aluminum Foil




Steps:

  1. Drill holes on top of the bucket.
  2. Once drilled connect the extension cord from the hole outside the bucket to the socket adapter
  3. Drill small holes on top of the bucket between the extension where you will put in the cable tie to lock the extension cord outlet.
  4. If all is lock tight put aluminum foil inside the bucket to cover all the area and put some glue to hold the foil.
  5. If it's all dried up plug the CFL bulb to the socket adapter.
  6. Get the string to tie the bucket light to hold the piece together.
  7. Now you need to test the setup.

Look at that for $7-8 you now have your own light with a DIY hood.





Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment